China will soon grant 5G licences for commercial use

 

 

According to the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology (MIIT) of the Chinese government, China’s 5G industry has built a competitive edge by combining independent innovation and open cooperation, that 5G standard is unified international standards jointly established by global industry players.

 

China now owns over 30% of the standard-essential patents for the technology, in which China will soon grant 5G licences for commercial use.

 

Last year, China allowed carriers to set up 5G infrastructure, but the new licenses will allow companies to actually market and sell products like 5G cloud services and phones, the rollout may come sooner than expected.

 

Nokia, Ericsson, Qualcomm and Intel have been deeply involved in the experiment of the technologies, and China’s 5G is ready for commercial use. Once the MIIT issued the licenses that would be the end of the fight for supremacy in 5G technology and 5G is a key factor behind Trump’s tariffs on China products.

 

China said it welcomed enterprises at home and abroad to actively participate in the building, application and promotion of its 5G network and share the sector’s development dividends. With all this, China will be the winner.

Please follow and like us:

United Nation investigation into UAE military role in Libya conflict

 

 

A secret UN report, seen by Agence France-Presse , revealed on Monday that UN experts are investigating the possibility of Abu Dhabi’s military involvement in the conflict in Libya, for the missiles that had been launched, in April, from Chinese-made uncrewed aircraft, are similar to those owned by the UAE army.

According to the report, the missiles fired from the guided aircraft on the southern suburb of Tripoli on 19 and 20 April, are Blue Arrow air-to-ground missiles, based on fragments studied by UN experts.

Only three countries, China, Kazakhstan, and the United Arab Emirates own this type of missiles. This is because these missiles could only be launched by uncrewed aircraft produced by China’s Wing Loong.

“The group of experts is investigating the possible use of variables from the Wing Loong unmanned aircraft by the Libyan National Army led by Marshal Khalifa Haftar, or by a third party supporting the Libyan National Army,” the report pointed out.

According to the report, it is almost sure that Libya has not obtained these missiles directly from the manufacturing company or China.

The United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, and Egypt are the main supporters of Haftar, who has been waging a military attack since 4 April to take over Tripoli.

The UAE said Libya’s “priority” is to “confront terrorism,” noting that “extremist militias” are still controlling the capital Tripoli.

Reiterated calls for a ceasefire in Libya

UN Secretary-General António Guterres and Chairperson of the African Union Commission Moussa Faki reiterated calls for a ceasefire in Libya, as Haftar’s forces are continuing their offensive attacks to control Tripoli, which is under the management of the Government of National Accord.

“The priority today is to stop the war,” Faki said in a joint news conference with Guterres in New York, stressing, that “there would be no military solution in such a conflict.”

He added: “The Libyan parties must accept the cessation of hostilities and hold discussions to resolve this crisis in peaceful and political ways.”

For his part, Guterres said that “the message directed to all the Libyans” is the need to reach a “ceasefire”, “stop hostilities” and return to the path of a political solution.

He added that the call for a ceasefire includes a “cessation of the attack” Haftar’s forces are waging on Tripoli.

The United Nations and the African Union have previously called on the two conflicting parties in Libya for a ceasefire or at least commit to a humanitarian truce. However, these calls have not been heard.

It is noted that since the start of Haftar’s attack on Tripoli, at least 432 people have been killed, 2,209 others have been injured and more than 55,000 people have been displaced, according to the United Nations.

 

Source: Middleeastmonitor.com

 

Please follow and like us:

Saudi Aramco ; the world’s most profitable company

 

It is not a joke, that Saudi Aramco has become the world’s most profitable company, beating Apple by far. On April 1 when Saudi Aramco opened its book, it was revealed that it generated $111.1 billion in net income in 2018, making it probably the world’s most profitable company, handily beat Apple, whose net income in 2018 was $59.5 billion.

However, Saudi Aramco tightly bound to one country and the price of oil, but Saudi Aramco wants to expand its refining operations and petrochemical output across the globe, for that, Saudi Aramco is buying out Shell’s 50% share of a joint venture oil refinery in Saudi Arabia for $631 million.

Saudi Aramco Shell Refinery Co. (SASREF), based in Jubail Industrial City in Saudi Arabia and it’s 50-50 joint venture, which has a crude oil refining capacity of 305,000 barrels per day that produces liquefied petroleum gas (LPG), naphtha, kerosene, diesel, fuel oil and sulfur.

The Saudi government has conservatively managed Saudi Aramco with very low debt levels, likewise, the Buhari government is trying to conservatively manage NNPC but we have a long way to go with the reforms. The signing of the Petroleum Industry Bill without proper reforms we might end up like the crisis in the power sector, even it might be worse.

 

Please follow and like us:

The world reacts to New Zealand mosque attacks

Leaders from around the world react to the deadly attacks at two mosques in Christchurch during Friday prayers.

The attacks in the city of Christchurch were carried out when the mosques were crowded during Friday prayers [Anadolu]
The attacks in the city of Christchurch were carried out when the mosques were crowded during Friday prayers [Anadolu]
Political leaders from across the world have expressed their condemnation at the deadly shooting at two mosques in New Zealand on Friday.

Forty people were killed and at least 20 suffered serious injuries in “terrorist” shootings targeting the mosques during Friday prayers in the city of Christchurch, Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern said.

Police say three men and a woman are in custody in connection with the attacks.

The timing of the shootings and the posting on social media of what appeared to be live, point-of-view video footage of the assault by a gunman, added to the distress of many.

Here is how political leaders around the world reacted soon after the incident.

Indonesia

Indonesia, the world’s biggest Muslim-majority country, strongly condemned the shooting as authorities were checking on whether any of its citizens were victims.

“The government and the people of Indonesia convey deep condolences to the victims and their families,” Foreign Minister Retno Marsudi said in a statement.

Malaysia

In Muslim-majority Malaysia, Anwar Ibrahim, the leader of the biggest party in its ruling coalition, said one Malaysian had been wounded in the attack he described as a “black tragedy facing humanity and universal peace”.

“I am deeply saddened by this uncivilised act, which goes against humanistic values and took the lives of civilians,” he said in a statement.

“We extend our deepest sympathies and condolences to the families of the victims and the people of New Zealand.”

Turkey

Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan’s spokesman condemned what he called a “racist and fascist” attack.

“This attack shows the point which hostility to Islam and enmity to Muslims has reached,” Ibrahim Kalin wrote on Twitter.

“We have seen many times Islamophobic discourse against Islam and Muslims turning into a perverse and murderous ideology. The world must raise its voice against such discourse and must say stop to Islamophobic fascist terrorism,” he said.

Afghanistan’s ambassador to Australia, New Zealand and Fiji, Wahidullah Waissi, said on Twitter three Afghans had been wounded.

“My thoughts are with the family of Afghan origin who’ve been shot and killed at this heinous incident.”

Pakistan’s Foreign Ministry spokesman Mohammad Faisal condemned the incident on social media, using the hashtag #pakistanagainstterror.

“Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi has condemned in the strongest terms the tragic terrorist attack in #Christchurch, #NewZeland,” he wrote in a tweet.

“FM has expressed condolences over loss of innocent lives in the heinous attack,” he added.

Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison said his country stood with New Zealand after the tragic attack.

“We stand here and condemn, absolutely the attack that occurred today by an extremist, right-wing, violent terrorist,” Morrison told a press conference.

He confirmed media reports that the gunman who mowed down worshippers in the main mosque in the southern New Zealand city of Christchurch was an Australian-born citizen, without providing further details.

“We are not just allies, we are not just partners, we are family,” he said.

“It is such a sad and devastating reminder of the evil that can be ever present about us,” Morrison said of the attacks.

SOURCE: AL JAZEERA AND NEWS AGENCIES

Please follow and like us: