The power of perseverance, even in the face of adversity, is the true mark of champions. Indeed, those who achieve great things are those who do not know when to quit.
Life is full of ups and downs; success and failure are part and parcel of business lives. Sometimes, entrepreneurs may experience failure than success; they should not pick on themselves after things have gone wrong but learn positively from the experience and use that learning to increase the chances of success at another time.
Time seems to erode our patience and power of persistence. If we could only harness the energy and willingness of our youth and hold onto it through life, we would all live much more full lives.
Here are 10 quotes to remind you of the power of persistence, and to encourage you to keep going, even when the going gets tough in your entrepreneurial adventure.
1. “You may encounter many defeats, but you must not be defeated. In fact, it may be necessary to encounter the defeats, so you can know who you are, what you can rise from, how you can still come out of it.” Maya Angelou
2. “Flaming enthusiasm, backed up by horse sense and persistence, is the quality that most frequently makes for success.” Dale Carnegie
3. “Patience, persistence, and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success.” Napoleon Hill
4. “Anything is possible if you’ve got enough nerve” J.K. Rowling
5. “Unless commitment is made, there are only promises and hopes; but no plans.” Peter F. Drucker
6. “There is no magic to achievement. It’s really about hard work, choices and persistence.” Michelle Obama
7. “Keep grinding! Stay persistent! One day you gonna wake up and be exactly where you dreamed you would be.” Eric Thomas
8. “That which we persist in doing becomes easier, not that the task itself has become easier, but that our ability to perform it has improved.” Ralph Waldo Emerson
9. “A powerful prayer is one that does not let go. It does not quit. It is profitable and powerful because it is persistent.” Michael Catt
10. “The best way out is always through.” Robert Frost
Let these persistence quotes above remind you as an entrepreneur, to persist in your journey to achieving your goals. Being persistent, showing endurance even when faced with challenges, is truly one of the keys of success.